During this tour we visit some beautiful sacred places: churches, synagogues and other places of worship. You can let yourself be inspired by these special spaces, and we will also have enough time to talk about the different forms of spiritual experiences; trying to see the similarities and in how many and colourful ways they manifest in the world.
Proposed programme for a complete day
In case you can dedicate only half a day to the tour it can be shortened accordingly.
Starting point: city centre or your hotel
The tour includes the following
- The “Garden of Philosophers”; a beautiful green area above the city, representing the mutual understanding among different religions.
- A walk across the inspiring Gellert hill that has hosted places of worship during the history of the city. We also stop at the Statue of Liberty to enjoy an amazing view of the city.
- Cave Church: a special catholic church, built in the rocks of the Gellert hill.
- Inner City Parish Church: another inspiring church on the Pest side of the Danube. The building has a history of about 2.000 years. The first version of the church was built in the 11th century, on the walls of a Roman military camp. The undercroft of the church has been recently renovated and if we descend there, we can marvel at the ancient Roman ruins.
- Orthodox Cathedral of our Lady: a richly decorated beautiful building of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- A walk in the colorful and flourishing Jewish Quarter. Depending on your interest we can visit one or several synagogues.
- Lutheran Church: a simple yet majestic building on the busiest square of the city. The Hungarian Lutheran Museum is just beside the church, it can also be included in the tour.
During the tour we will stop for coffee and/or lunch breaks.